Programming with Python
Online mentored course for beginners
What you'll learn
- Programming logic
- Algorithmic thinking
- Working in the terminal
- Testing Python code
- Data types
- Comparison operators
- Conditionals, logical operators
- Lists, list methods and comprehensions
- Strings, string methods and comprehensions
- Dictionaries, tuples, sets, their methods and comprehensions
- Functions and functional programming
- Built-in functions
- Debugging, try and catch
- Using external APIs
- More than 100 exercises
- 3 projects!
How will you learn that
After signing up online you will get the materials for this course, including:
- Text materials explaining every topic with code snippets
- Accompanying video lessons for every topic
- Access to the support platform to post your questions (and get reply in 24 hours but usually same day) or browse through the questions from the previous students
- Weekly 1:1 sessions with your mentor to book from our calendar
- Access to Slack channel to chat with us and fellow students
- After this course you will have a strong understanding of the programming logic, syntax and usage of Python.
- You will be ready to move on and learn how to use modules and libraries to start work with data or learn how to build servers with Python.
Sign up online and reserve your seat.
After signing up you will recieve the list of the materials we recommend to go through to prepare for the course. Please expect to spend around 40-80 hours on that.
- You will need a computer with the access to internet, the OS doesn't matter although we recommend MacOS as the most suitable and fast; Windows and Linux is all fine
- Any code editor: Sublime Text, Visual Studio Code, Atom, etc...
- An account with GitLab
- If you can install Git it would be amazing. (Instructions for Mac, Windows, Linux)
Who is this course for?
- Anybody who wants to learn programming, Python is a great way to start!
- If you want to learn data science or data analytics, Python is your choice
- Developers with some experience in other languages, it will be a quick and guided way to grasp Python fundamentals
Inquiry about the course